This rugged chronograph watch by Franc Vila is designed with extreme sports in mind. It sports a case made of a combination of carbon fiber and Die-Hard Extreme Steel or 18 K Red gold to withstand extreme conditions. The Cobra is waterproof up to 300m and only about 88 watches will be produced!
Here are some specs:
- Case: Bezel in Die-Hard Extreme Steel or18 Karat Red Gold and Carbon-Fiber. Crystal and caseback both in sapphire with double sided anti-glare treatment.
- Water Resistant to 300 Meters (about 984 Feet)
- Movement: High grade mechanical self-winding hand finished complicated movement caliber FV8Ch
- Functions: Hours, minutes and seconds. Chronograph. Calendar.
- Carbon-fiber dial
- Strap: Black Rubber Strap with Die-Hard Extreme or Red Gold Deployment Buckle. (Crocodile leather strap included)
You might not know who Franc Vila is but doing a little reading we learned that he is a Spaniard that has made an impact in the watch world ever since his debut at BaselWorld 2005. He introduced an extraordinary innovative timepiece, the FV01, during that year. Other companies have tried to emulate the watch, but were unsuccessful. According to his site,
Franc Vila developed his finely hand-crafted complicated wristwatches and fundamentally reinvented forms, building into the future by respecting the past, creating watches that are contemporary while retaining their classical spirit [About Franc Vila]