6th Of October is the magical day for your Windows Mobile 6.5 OS upgrade. I wish Microsoft was actually announcing Windows Mobile 7 so that their whole operating system line would be running the same OS (just like Apple) but that does not seem the case.
Partners from around the globe are committed to updating or expanding their portfolios to include phones with Windows Mobile 6.5. In North America: Mobile operators AT&T, Bell Mobility, Sprint, TELUS and Verizon Wireless, and phone manufacturers HP, HTC Corp., LG Electronics, Samsung and Toshiba Corp. Microsoft to Deliver New Generation of Windows Phones on Oct. 6 [Microsoft Press Pass]
Windows Mobile 6.5 Operating System Specs:
- Free Microsoft My Phone feature – Allows customers to Automatically back up and sync photos, music, contacts and txts from phone to the web (You can manage everything from your phone or PC or restore the info if necessary)
- Windows Marketplace – Microsoft’s first online Apps catalog.
- Redesigned Internet Explorer Mobile browser – Includes built-in Adobe Flash Lite Support
- Microsoft Office Outlook Mobile
- Microsoft Office Mobile – Open and edit Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Wndows Live – Keeps all your contacts in one place from Facebook, Twitter, MySpace or Windows live
- Access to third-party applications such as Facebook, Netflix and Zagat
- Change look and feel of phone with designer themes