Japanese Magazine Nikkei announced the Toshiba TG01 and subsequently, it was branded as the iPhone killer in Europe. Today, Toshiba Europe made an announcement about the TG01. Move aside HTC, Toshiba TG01 is packed with a Snapdragon Processor that runs at a whooping, 1GHz! On top of that, it will be running the Windows Mobile 6.1 OS.
Here are the jaw dropping features for the Toshiba TG01:
- 4.1″ WVGA Screen Touch Screen display (800 x 480 pixels)
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor
- Pocket PC Windows Mobile 6.1 (What happened to running Windows Mobile 6.5 or Windows Mobile 7? :-()
- Internal Memory: 512 MB
- microSD HC card slot with support for up to 32GB.
- Built-in 3.2 Mega Pixel Camera
- 3-D Thumb-Optimized User Interface (I believe Toshiba’s own technology)
- Internet Explorer Mobile 6 with FULL FLASH support (I guess Flash comes with this Windows Mobile Phone!)
- Enhanced User Interface: Shake Controls that can be used to answer and end calls or return to home screen (screen auto rotation is available too).
- Network: HSDPA, HSUPA, GSM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS with A-GPS functionality
- Supports H.264 Files, DviX
- About 9.9mm Thick
- Battery life is supposed to be impressive too!
Below is a video snatched from MobileChoiceUK on the phone’s launch event today in London:
Toshiba will make the TG01 available in Europe this summer through exclusive operator deals and we don’t know the price as of right now. The TG02 is currently available in two colors: Black and White. Next to the iPhone, this phone towers over the little guy (In regards to both specs and dimension). Some ingredients to kill the iPhone:
- Sold at the right price
- Smooth and User friendly
- Wide phone support: from the applications to games to themes
If Toshiba’s TG01 meets these ingredients, that would be bad news for the iPhone! This could possibly go down in history as the phone that killed iPhone! But without those ingredients, I don’t think the fellas in Cali have anything to worry about, they have the upper hand!